In Spring 2021, I will be teaching the following two courses:
- MATH 319: Theory of Numbers
- Time: M/W/F 1:00 – 1:50 pm
- Textbook: MATH 319 Lecture Notes
- This is Prof. Alex Buium’s lecture notes, you can also find it on his webpage: https://math.unm.edu/~buium/unt.pdf
- MATH 401/501: Advanced Calculus I
- lecture: M/W/F 10:00 – 10:50 am;
- recitation: T 8:00 – 8:50 am.
- main book: “Analysis with An Introduction to Proof” by Steven R. Lay (5th edition preferred, other editions work)
- supplementary: “Book of Proof” by Richard Hammack
Teaching Mode: All of the two classes are scheduled as 100% face-to-face. HOWEVER, attendance won’t be required. The lectures will be delivered through Zoom with screen sharing, and, of course, will be recorded; for students who attend in-person classes, my screen will be projected in the classroom. A survey will be sent out, asking if you plan to take the course remotely or in-person. The purpose of this survey is to practice social distancing better.
Materials are delivered through UNM Learn.